Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rocky Road 100 Mile Endurance Race

Happy New Year my friends...

http://www.rockyroadruns.com/

Rocky Road 100 will be my first race of the year. February, 2012 marks the one year anniversary of completing my first and only 100 until now. Last year I ran Iron Horse 100 in Florida with a time of 25 hours and 39 minutes.



Well, here I am one year later ready to do it again. The difference this time is the experience I have from having a great 2011. I feel stronger now that I have ever felt since I started running Ultras in March of 2010. I am looking forward to having a great race God willing. On top of that I am going to have an all Super Ultra stars crew/pacers on my side, Oswaldo Lopez and Jorge Pacheco. They are both Badwater 135 mile race champions and they have also won many ultras over the years. Talk about pressure, great pressure to run a good race...

Picture with Oswaldo at Badwater:



Picture of the great Jorge Pacheco and Oswaldo Lopez in Badwater:



My training is going great, this is my last week with high mileage and after Sunday, I will start tapering for Rocky 100 on February 18th. I really would like to thank Oswaldo Lopez who has become my coach and he has advice me since December on my training...

I would also like to thank, the company I work for ChicagoMicro. They are sponsoring my race and travel to California. It is great to work for a company that cares and supports its employees. Thank you Julian and Jennifer Pretto.





A special thanks to my wife and daughters who support everything I do. To all my friends who in one way or another have helped me to get ready and to my bff Anastasia, who is always there for me... This is going to be EPIC and I can't wait to take on this challenge... Thanks to all the running clubs, Chugs, Nlurs and Mudds.

In a few words my friends " LET'S GO MACHINE BABY..."

2 comments: